Monday, June 30, 2008

Lemon Blueberry Smoothies

I love smoothies. I often have one in the afternoon to keep those late afternoon cravings at bay. Also helps get in those fruit and dairy servings that I sometimes struggle with. Here is a favorite one, but you can definitely change it up to suit your own tastes.

INGREDIENTS
1 (8 ounce) container blueberry sugarfree, nonfat yogurt
1/4 cup skim milk (may need to add more to make it blendable)
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup frozen strawberries
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon sugar-free powdered lemonade mix (I also like Crystal Light Raspberry Lemonade)
1 packet of Splenda

Place yogurt, milk, blueberries, strawberries, and lemonade mix in a blender. Pulse until smooth and creamy.

Can't get much more simple than that. I make smoothies with just about any flavored yogurt and frozen fruit.

Another one of my favorites is peach yogurt with frozen mangoes and peaches! Get creative!!

No comments: