Thursday, May 7, 2009

Homemade Pizza

Okay, I do occasionally make pizza crust from scratch. It is fun to do and pretty tasty. But, when I want dinner on the table in a hurry, homemade dough, isn't really a realistic application! So I buy ready made dough and go from there. I love whole wheat pizza dough! Tasty and filling! Boboli's makes a great one that you can use. I found one at a local farmer's market that I stock up on and keep in the freezer! Now we can have tasty and healthy pizza anytime!

INGREDIENTS
Pizza dough
Any topping you like!

DIRECTIONS
Here is the pizza dough that I like to use (thank you Dekalb Farmer's Market!)
Here are three of our favorite types of homemade pizza. Being creative is part of the fun.
With one of the pizza rounds, I spread 1/2 with tomato sauce and 1/2 with olive oil.
On the olive oil half, lay out fresh spinach leaves.
Next top the tomato sauce side with sauteed onions and bell peppers.
Top both halves with fresh tomato slices and black olive slices.
The spinach side is then topped with fresh feta cheese and a little bit of Parmesan cheese. The tomato sauce side is topped with low-fat mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
I love veggie pizzas. They are my favorite! Also tasty with artichoke hearts, roasted peppers, zucchini or any other veggie that you love!

Yummy!
A new way that we recently made were "Italian Sausage Sub Pizzas".
We topped the pizza with tomato sauce, browned turkey Italian sausage, sauteed peppers and onions and mozzarella cheese (forgot to take a picture with the mozzarella cheese ~ trust me it was there!). Good Stuff!

No comments: